Sunday 28 November 2010

On the Night








my fight which unfortunately only lasted 52 seconds, i was up against a great contender who was the better fighter on the night! (I have the war wounds to show for it, i am pretty sure i got some good ones in myself before i went down!)


I am pleased with the money my fundraising team raised for Pillars and I will be following up with Pillars what the money is used for.
Pillars is a fantastic organisation and I am extremely proud of all the efforts of my fundraising team.


I would also like to thank all of the Yellow team who came and supported me on the night, the atmosphere was amazing and you were all so supportive which was great thanks!
Also thank you to all the Yellow team who supported me through out this journey.


Bruce Cotterill CEO of Yellow is and extremely generous man and has been right behind this cause and I would like to thank him very much.


Big Thanks to my boxing trainers Bryan Barry and Garey Burgess for getting the most out of what they were given. I learnt so much from you guys and loved you guys pushing me around to get the best out of me


And last but not least a very big thank you to my family, especially my 15 year old twin sons, who came to trainings with me and encouraged me all the way.


I am very proud to have been a part of fight for youth and would encourage anyone to give it a go
I am telling you this isn't easy this is very real and as you have seen by Corey and my posts the training is hard but it is a fantastic adventure to be on with wonderful rewards along the way especially to raise money for a wonderful organisation please go to www.pillars.org.nz to see the great work they do to help youth.


Also Kristin O'Halloran in our online team and Tamina Roberts our Content Manager won second and third in the Events "Fashion in the Ring". Well done girls you looked Owesome 

Me and Verna (founder of Pillars) just after the fight
Kristin O'Halloran and Tamina Roberts Winning Second and Third!! Well done Girls you both looked beautiful!!




No comments:

Post a Comment