Tuesday 2 November 2010

Week 4

Corey is Sick so I am putting in a post instead


Well I’m well under way in the training programme and the support from Yellow and all the other company's that have sent us product has been over whelming
Seems every day a different set of muscles hurt, but I am taking it in my stride, Mentality I’m thinking that its part of the Sport and this is bound to happen.
I really love the experience as a whole It’s amazing that 4 weeks ago I got off the couch and stubbed out my last cigarette to train for a sport that can potentially knock me out.

At my Strength and conditioning classes they have introduced Kettlebells (they look like a cannonball with a handle) and after the first time using those, man they hit your back muscles, I had a sore back for a couple of days on Monday we did a whole hour on the kettlebells. The exercise with them is both hands on the bell and swing between your legs the use your hips to swing it back up to chest height  , then we had to squats holding the bells it up my chest then lunges 2mins each. on Monday we worked with 12kg bells. Wednesday morning the Kettlebells were at 20kgs we had to do pretty much the same as Monday but we had a 40kg sledge I had to tow behind me for 2 mins
Then go to a 20 kg sand bag and thrust that above our heads for 2mins but must do a minimum of 20 thrusts then to the heavy basketball, its not a medicine ball cause it can bounce a little, so I have to slam it to the ground so it can bounce to my chest then throw it above my head for 2 mins then straight to the kettlebell to do the snatch (illustrated) 
I do that for one minute per arm then do the two arm kettlebell and lastly the 15kg sand bag thrust, far out I almost threw that up in the air after working with 20kg’s before. Once we have done all that we have a one minute break an do it all again but the other way round, just to make it exciting
I am learning a great deal from my boxing coach he has been showing me how to take a punch to the head, got my first bloody nose last night, that stopped me in my tracks for a few seconds
I am feeling fitter and stronger than ever before, all that strength workout I am doing, I can feel the strength in my core muscles, my shoulders are thickening as well which is putting more power in my punch
My Coach has put me on the right road to get me fighting fit on Fight night and I am loving the whole experience
I have just been sent a video interview that I had on my first week into the programme, you can view it by clicking HERE and clicking on the 10th video


Not the face Not the face!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment